What are the kinds of swords and knives
There are a number of swords and knives. The details of some of them are given in this article.
Among the best known Swords and knives there are :
- Aikuchi which is a small Japanese sword. This does not have a guard.
- The Barong sword is used by the Moros who come from the Philippines. This is not only used as a weapon but these Swords and Knivesdouble up as a tool.
- The bearing sword was usually carried by the person who walked behind the leader and these would be used more in ceremonies.
- Black swords are the short bladed single edged sword which either have a straight or else a curved blade.
- The bokken wooden sword has it’s roots in Japan and these were used for training people.
- The coronation Swords and knivesare those that are associated strictly with monarchy.
- The broad swords are military kind of swords which have a wide blade and they have a single edge.
- Chisa Katana sword is the sword which is short and could be used either with both hands or one hand only and the hilt of it is around 10-11 inches.
- The Chokuto sword were single edged straight ones and sometimes they were partially double. These were originally Chinese and brought into Korea and Japan later.
- The spatha sword was the one which the roman cavalry used to use
- The scimitar was popular with the Persians and was used for hunting.
- Sabers were used mainly by the cavalry
- Kris are double edged blades of Malayan swords
- These are just a few kinds of Swords and Knives. There are numerous other ones which exist as well including the Mameluke sword, krigsmesser sword, Kodachi sword and others.